JUNIOR IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (ACCOUNTING KNOWLEDGE CRITICAL)
OVERVIEW: Aspiring Implementation Consultant / Project Implementer / Business Analyst sought by software and IT services business specialising in delivering enterprise / ERP software solutions to the retail and manufacturing markets. Perfect opportunity for a Business Analyst or Software support consultant or Implementation specialist with STRONG accounting / accounts OR finance OR ERP knowledge AND customer-facing skills to secure a great position in a rapidly expanding team with REAL chances for career progression. Salary £30K-£35K basic plus C£4.8K car allowance and fuel card (business & all personal!) plus pension, health and other excellent benefits.
Location - You MUST be based in the SOUTH WEST such that you work out of the BRISTOL OFFICE for 50%-60% of the time and for the other 40%-50% of the time you will be based on client sites around the UK. Relocators to the Bristol commutable area are welcome!
My client is a very established and profitable software and IT services business specialising in the multi-channel retail and manufacturing markets. Operating primarily in the UK and Ireland, my client delivers solutions to organisations with turnovers typically between £5m and £250m. My client has a focus on growth, which is underpinned by a continual investment in its enterprise software solutions to ensure they are consistently market-leading, helping customers stay one step ahead of their competition.
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
As a result of a focus on profitable growth and sustained investment in its enterprise software, my client is creating new roles within its software implementation team. You will work on projects implementing ERP software solutions at clients throughout the UK. The role will vary from project to project comprising business analysis, Implementation, project management, customer training, solution design, gap analysis, software installation, software configuration, testing, training and initial support following go live. You will either have existing experience or have the capacity to learn FAST following training and team integration!
Day to day duties and responsibilities;
.• Work with the Senior Project Manager to ensure that projects are delivered to plan
• Setting and managing client expectations throughout the full project lifecycle.
• Acting as the first point of contact for the client throughout the project lifecycle
• Installing and implementing software on servers, PCs and terminals
• Analysing business requirements and drafting high-level specifications for client sign-off
• Providing specifications to the software development team for new functionality
• Identifying and documenting change requests for approval by both the client and the Senior Project Manager
• Configuring software to meet the required solution design.
• Supporting the client in testing the system prior to go live.
• Providing initial support following go live, prior to handing over to the support team for on-going support.
• Developing training materials and training the client’s staff in the use of their configured solution.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of SUPPORTING or IMPLEMENTING enterprise software solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics AX/NAV, Sage or Access or similar finance / accounts / complex integrated business systems.
- You WILL have experience of working for a software supplier / software vendor organisation.
- If you don't have any ERP knowledge then you WILL have good finance or accounting knowledge.
- You will have strong general business knowledge and a good grasp of the software application needs a manufacturing or retail client would typically have when faced with implementing a new enterprise software solution.
- If you've not worked as a Business Analyst or Software Implementer before you may have worked in support and alongside the software Implementation team as a support consultant / customer support engineer / customer support analyst / application support consultant
- Understanding / awareness of the software delivery processes and methodologies.
- Ability to influence and negotiate and build consensus with both internal and client staff.
- Outgoing, positive personality and highly customer facing with the confidence to be able to stand in front of new customers and present solutions!
- Flexible and able to work effectively on client sites
- High propensity and eagerness to learn FAST !
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an IT or business discipline.
- Implementation or support consultant accreditations for enterprise or financial management software.
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
- The chance to join a highly established proven market leader who continually invest in their software solutions to stay ahead of the competition
- A comprehensive learning and development program and REAL chances for career progression to more senior implementation or Project Manager roles
- An excellent professional, hard working but fun, team oriented environment
- A highly competitive basic salary plus benefits package
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent career opportunity.
Keywords: software applications, business analysis, ERP, Implementer, Manager, Project Management, Implementation, Consultant , Senior, Enterprise Software, Cloud, Retail, WMS, warehouse management systems, distribution, supply chain, EPOS, stock, warehousing, analyst, Implementor, trainer, training consultant, Junior, Trainee, support engineer, analyst, technical support, application support, product, business analyst
This vacancy is being advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd. The services advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.