Senior ICT Technician
Who we are
Computeam is a specialist Education IT Service provider with a regional base in both the North West and South West of the country. We were founded in 1999 and now work with over 350 schools to provide technical services, installations, advice, training and guidance in the use of technology in the classroom. We're passionate about improving education outcomes using ICT and we're seeking committed individuals to join our growing team.
We are accredited as Investors in People Silver and we take pride in looking after our staff and our clients. Find out more about our company here: www.computeam.co.uk
What we're Looking For
We are looking to grow our established technical team in the Bath and Wells area. We require individuals who can deliver ICT network support to a variety of schools in the region as well as spending time working from our branch office in Taunton and occasionally our head office in Stockport.
We do our best to look after our staff and expect them to look after our clients in turn. While technical skills are important, we always hire for a positive attitude and a commitment to getting the job done for the client. We also like people who are passionate about education & technology generally.
Essential & Desirable Qualities
- Candidates must have Comptia A+ / Network + qualifications or equivalent and need to be comfortable supporting Windows and Apple Mac desktop environments
- Candidates must also have their own transport and be able to drive.
- As the job involves working in schools an Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Aside from this, any the following would give you an advantage, but please apply anyway if you don't have it:
- 3 or more years experience of delivering ICT support
- 2 or more years experience of delivering ICT support in a school environment
- Microsoft MCTS qualifications or equivalent
- Experience of MS Server 2008/2012 administration including use of Group Policy & configuration of Active Directory
- Experience of configuring firewalls and internet filtering solutions
- Experience of deployment / admin of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience of server virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare or Citrix)
- Experience of network configuration, including the creation of VLANs
Salary & Benefits Package
We are offering a salary range of £19,000 - £24,000 depending on the experience and skills you can bring to the role. In addition, we fund external staff training, offer a contributory pension scheme, and have an employee profit-share scheme. A company SmartPhone and everything else you need for the role will be provided, and mileage travelled in your own vehicle is also paid.
We know there’s more to life than work - that’s why when you join Computeam Ltd you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks.
- phone insurance
- great price cinema tickets
- plus loads more
- Find out more about all our employee rewards here: https://www.perkbox.co.uk/computeamltd
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79154233