Senior Buyers x 6 with strategic procurement operations required for a permanent opportunity to report into the Category Manager in delivery of Category Strategies identifying future commercial opportunities and direction. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation within the Energy and Gas Industry based in Coventry.
Daily responsibility within this role will be:
As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for daily strategic procurement operations within the business area that you are aligned to. The role will assist the Category Manager in delivery Category Strategies identifying future commercial opportunities and direction. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring we understand the supply chains so we can offer the best solutions for Gas services.
The Senior Buyer will be accountable for leading the procurement and contract management of Services associated with Corporate Services, Shared Services, Tax, Audit, Professional Services, Facilities Management and Energy. The individual will be accountable for circa 20 Contracts and a portfolio of £20mn - £300mn contracts. The role includes development of Category Strategies, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management and Stakeholder engagement and influence. The role may include Global analysis and travel to my clients US offices.
Utilising the Strategic Sourcing Process, you will generate value in line with stakeholder expectations and ensure contractual arrangements drive performance and manage risk.
- Development and delivery of Category Strategy
- Profiles category characteristics, researches supply markets, suppliers and assesses trends, opportunities and risks
- Delivering value by effectively managing tender events for key products required by the business
- Effective forward planning by identifying future requirements
- Leads engagement of key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Scopes and develops regional / global contractual agreements that meet the regional/global category / customer
- Supports supplier relationship management and contract relationship management
- Engaged in implementation of procurement change initiatives
- Runs complex or high value sourcing events with minimal support
- Promoting a positive safety culture through visible proactive, consistent and influential behaviours
- Keep the company safe by co-operating with others to ensure a co-ordinated approach to promote a clear understanding of each party's duties, roles and responsibilities for Safety and Wellbeing
- Report all incident, near misses, hazards, acting as necessary to control hazard as appropriate
Required capabilities will include:
- Experience of strategic sourcing and category management
- Proven experience of communicating with others from peer group to senior management
- An understanding of project management principles and ideally evidence of managing multiple projects and consistently delivering outstanding results
- Ability to prepare for and to lead negotiations
- Where relevant experience of contract managing a portfolio of suppliers
- Experience using analytical tools and techniques
- Experience of presenting data to support informed business decisions
- Good presentation skills
- Good working understanding of EU and utility procurement directives ideally supported by evidence of running a competitive compliant tender process
- Good commercial acumen
- Good understanding of contract drafting principles
- Experience of utilising creative and innovative ideas to deliver procurement solutions
- Contribution to process improvements across a business to improve customer buying experience
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Commercial awareness
- Contract management
Essential: Educated to degree standard, or equivalent.
Desirable: MCIPS or working towards would be preferable
Successful candidates will be contacted immediately.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.