£28 - £30K
Our client requires an experienced CFD Engineer to work at their premises in Petersfield.
To be recognised as a market leader providing and servicing innovative solutions and products for smoke control, ventilation, climate technology and solar shading.
To perform the key areas of the role enabling the Company to achieve its strategies, objectives and targets. Employees will show their commitment to the Company IMS by implementing and complying with processes and procedures. Company objectives will be discussed and agreed at Management Review Meetings then cascaded down to all employees during annual PDR appraisals and other regular departmental communications.
Design, develop and run Computational Fluid Dynamic Models for the Smoke Control Team. CFD Models are to be constructed as accurately as possible based on the information provided and to input data as directed by the model scope/Technical Director's instructions. CFD platforms currently used are Pyrosim, Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS) and Autodesk Simulation.
The role will require the individual to build the model geometry in the appropriate platform, run/solve the simulation and compile a report to present/discuss the results.
The Role requires complete responsibility for all pre and post order CFD requests from the Pre-order Sales team and Post Order Project Management team, ensuring reports are produced on time to the deadlines set and the content is concise and accurate.
- Managing workflow to ensure all CFD models are produced in good time and with an allowance for report writing within the timescale of the model.
- Prepare models from issued information as accurately as possible including all relevant structure, geometry, vents and obstructions, strictly observing the limitations of the software used.
- Include sensible and reliable data in the input variables of the model, including ventilation rates, fire parameters, wind speeds etc.
- Maintain up to date software downloads and documentation for all CFD software used.
- Assist with preparation of CFD output to ensure clear, concise and relevant data is included in technical reports resulting from modelling output.
- Maintain catalogue of standard components.
Pre Order Support & Responsibility
- Agree deadlines with Salesforce/customers for all pre order work and prioritise workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all models/drawings produced are accurate and fully reflect the scope/specification provided.
- Directly contact customers/Salesforce to resolve any queries/issues.
Post Order Support & Responsibility
- Carry out the preparation of working models or drawings for approval in line with project requirements and agreed programme of works.
- To prioritise workload to ensure that all models and drawings are completed and submitted for approval in line with the agreed deadlines/ programme of works.
- To take responsibility for Customer contact (as required) to collate and obtain up to date drawing information to enable the preparation of Colt models and drawings.
- Ensure that all models, input parameters and/or drawings are signed off by the Project Manager and Technical Designer (if applicable) prior to running and/or issuing.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE Policy.
- All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the Company.
- Technical knowledge of Pyrosim or Fire Dynamics Simulator
- Previous dealings with customers
- Building services or fire engineering knowledge
- Understanding of basic fire engineering principles.
- Previous experience in CAD design for an engineering /building services organisation
- Understanding of HVAC/Smoke Ventilation principles
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar relevant discipline
- Master's Degree
- Friendly and approachable.
- Articulate and able to communicate on the telephone and face to face.
- Organised and flexible approac
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78308024