Senior Technical Services Manager - M&E
Voted one of The Sunday Times "100 Best Small Companies to Work For", we are an established and successful Design and Project Management company with a turnover of c£40+m. We pride ourselves on our innovative people, design excellence and technical expertise.
This is a senior, client facing, strategic, pre contact M&E role, vital to the success of any serious pitch. Working alongside clients and their retained consultants, providing clear, pragmatic, robust, innovative but workable and cost effective M&E design solutions.
The role is to develop a "trusted partner" relationship with clients and their consultants, providing a level of technical excellence that is understood by the client and appreciated by the experts. Challenging pre-conceptions of retained consultants and costing from specialist subcontractors is essential.
- Participate in key initial strategy meetings to evaluate the project from an M&E perspective
- A key member of the pitch team; presenting technical drawings and costs to the client in a way that both reflects the client’s technical understanding and assures them of ours.
- Expertly evaluate the building and all M&E systems
- Where the aims of the client conflict with technical realities, negotiate a feasible solution
- Help develop a concept design solution with internal and external specialist consultants
- Engage and collaborate with client’s external consultants regarding M&E services, design, performance, specifications, energy efficiency, installation, commissioning etc.
- Assess, negotiate and manage the merits of subcontractor proposed design solutions from a practical, cost and legal perspective.
- Ensure a successful transition from winning a project through to our technical delivery team (TSM’s)
- A thorough understanding from a practical perspective of all M&E issues, particularly mechanical, that may impact on a D&B project
- Able to discuss complex M&E issues in simple terms, clearly understandable by a non-technical client.
- Able to work practically and expertly with specialist consultants and sub-contractors.
- Able to formulate innovative, technical and cost compliant M&E solution
- An appreciation of M&E costs, systems, products, labour, etc.
- Able to see the bigger picture and assess all opportunities in terms of risk, prioritising and pricing. Will have an instinct for what might be problematic (and a potential solution).
- Willing and able to challenge assumptions by colleagues, clients, consultants and sub-contractors.
- Must have well developed people management and influencing skills
- Commercial and entrepreneurial, able to determine and take advantage of opportunities.
We offer a competitive package, fun environment and great career opportunities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77561936