Senior Java Developer
As a Senior Java Developer, you will use your technical expertise and leadership abilities to further Bronto's rapidly evolving SaaS offering. Your deep understanding of the Java language and runtime will be paired with the capabilities of a wide array of Open Source technologies – MySQL, HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch, and more – to create a modern, high-scale application, capable of meeting the challenge of our rapidly growing customer base. Your team will strive to be efficient and nimble, with changes moving towards the production environment on a weekly basis. You will work in a DevOps model, with responsibility for the entire software lifecycle, including performance analysis, optimization, and direct support. If you are up for the challenge of working with a variety of technologies, in a high-scale, fast-paced environment, Bronto is where you want to be.
Senior Developers are expected to have a broad impact within the Development organization.
- Strategic contributions to the high-level architecture
- Tactical contributions to the low-level implementation
- Critical, respectful participation in design and code reviews
- Clear, effective production of technical documentation
Our development culture rewards the following attributes:
Sample projects might include:
- Increase the burst capacity of a critical processing pipeline through a combination of architectural, infrastructure, and discrete performance improvements.
- Design and implement a next-generation REST API to power our integrations with other services in the Commerce and Marketing ecosystem.
- Deliver a practical solution for introducing algorithmically generated facts (e.g. machine learning) into our existing product.
- Determine whether a new distributed data processing technology would be a good fit for the particular dynamics of our system.
- Gather and generalize common technical concerns into a high-quality, internal library.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Ability to think abstractly and solve complex problems
- Ability to lead a team and mentor junior developers
- Expertise in common object oriented and enterprise design patterns
- Expertise in HTTP, HTTP2, REST, and related web technologies
- Expertise in Java, and the JVM runtime
- Experience with other languages – Scala, Clojure, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go – is a plus
- Experience working in Linux or OS X command line environments
- Experience working with Git, or other SCM tool
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79152012