A FTSE listed Professional Services organisation are undergoing a phase of rapid expansion and are now recruiting a Financial Accountant for this Birmingham based role.
Working closely with both the FC & the FD you will assume a key role within the business, being responsible for the group reporting, while ensuring timely completeness of financial statements in line with the latest accounting standards.
There is a transparent career progression opportunity to assume a full Financial Controller role within 2-3 years for the right individual who is able to demonstrate operational competence and deliver successful commercial improvements to the business.
Ideally you will:
- Be a qualified professional (ACA/ CIMA/ACCA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience
- Posses a fiercely ambitious with an evidential attitude of producing work of the highest quality
- Have up to date with accounting standards (IFRS/ UK GAAP) and a strong commercial mind-set
- Have examples of where you have positively contributed to improving the commercial operations of a business, either through improving processes/procedures or by directly improving margin/profit
In return, you will:
- Work for a growing, professional, ambitious and commercial business in a key strategic role
- Have exposure to commercial elements of the organisation such as due diligence & acquisitions processes
- Have a unique opportunity of progressing to a group FC role within a short period of time, with further progression opportunities available to work towards becoming the number one finance person for this business in the future
- Be offered an excellent salary and package
This unique role which will provide the opportunity to gain unrivalled experience working directly with both the FD & FC and propel your career towards quick progression in a fast paced environment. This role will be well suited for an ambitious, driven and talented qualified accountant.