Artworker - South Birmingham - c£26k
Midlands based high profile agency are on the lookout for an experienced Artworker to join their studio team near Birmingham.
Responsible to a Studio Team Leader, this Artworker role encompasses a wide variety of projects in our artwork Studio, offering excellent opportunities to learn new skills and techniques whilst producing top-end work for our clients.
• Experience as an Artworker/Creative Artworker, in a Mac environment, preferably in a busy, fast-moving setting combining print and press production.
• Thorough knowledge of the latest production/print techniques is vital.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is essential, along with good typography skills and an eye for design.
• Must be experienced in creating artwork from scamps or verbal briefs.
• Must be familiar with image retouching and manipulation to repro standard.
• Knowledge of web applications and HTML/HTML5 technologies is desirable.
The Role and it’s Responsibilities
• General preparation of design files to a digital reprographic standard ready for pre-press production.
• Artwork production of any combination of press ads, point-of-sale, brochures, leaflets and direct mail pieces on a daily basis.
• Be capable of producing 50+ page brochures to a high standard, utilising recognised timesaving working practices - e.g. style sheets, master pages and layers.
• Regularly required to manipulate or retouch imagery under direction from Creative.
• Creative artworking, often from scamps or verbal briefs from Creative, sometimes generating a full suite of campaign pieces; also occasional creative development of Mac visuals generated by Design.
• Occasional training of more junior staff members to increase and develop their skills.
• Occasionally required to produce web banners and email templates using Photoshop.
• Mounting artwork for presentation and producing mock-ups of items for printer/client reference.
• Liaising closely with Creative and Account Teams on a regular basis.
• Very occasional client contact either in person or via phone/email.
• Requirement to work outside standard office hours when necessary.
• Be a well-organised, reliable, hard working individual, able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Be highly conscientious, professional and thorough; a confident and adaptable member of Studio with good communication skills.
• Must be able to deliver accurate, high quality work, under pressure to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining full attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic about continually improving your standard of work and skillsets.
• Must be fully conversant with the latest Mac hardware and system software, and also with current industry standard applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat).
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have a thorough understanding of PDF technologies.
• Be able to artwork quickly and comprehensively to a high standard.
• Experience of varying methods of artwork despatch (e.g. Quickcut/Adfast/FTP) is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Adobe Animate, Google Web Designer and AdWords/DoubleClick not essential but a definite advantage
• English Language and Maths GCSEs or equivalent - grade C or above.
• OND or HND/Degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications desirable but not essential, as equivalent experience is of equal value.
If this sounds like the role for you please email over your CV and work samples ASAP.