A PR Manager opportunity for a truly global, market leading law firm. This role is responsible for leading on media and communications for the dispute resolution practice. The firm boasts a strong global team culture and has excellent buy in from the partners.
The Public Relations team is responsible for managing the business' relationships with media and also has a broader reputational role focused on managing risk, proactively sourcing issues and aspects of internal communications. This role will involve:
- Develop (and regularly review) a PR strategy, PR plan and clear/measurable objectives for the disputes practices
- Identify potential news, topics, thought leadership and comment opportunities. Responsibility for driving the quantity and quality of media coverage for the London teams.
- Manage any significant announcements for the disputes team for London, Continental Europe and Asia (eg partner hires, launch of new practice areas, etc)
- Acting as an ambassador for the firm with London based business, sector-sepcific and legal journalists, and build relationships with national and trade press, implement a media contacts programme for individual partners and practices and help spokespeople build and maintain relationships and prepare them for interviews.
- Draft and distribute briefing notes and press releases, commission articles (and write/edit articles when required).
- Monitor competitor activity and report on PR activity to practice area heads on a regular basis.
- Run media training sessions with partners
- Analyse, measure and optimise the PR for your relevant practice groups/practice areas
You will have solid PR and communications experience gained within either a major law or accountancy firm, major B2B corporate or a PR agency aligned to the legal sector. You will have excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills, alongside the ability to think both strategically and tactical delivery.