Senior Manager - Regulatory Reporting
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Senior Manager within the Regulatory Reporting team for an instantly recognisable financial services organisation in Manchester.
Due to an internal restructure our client is seeking a professional who can lead by example, is technically proficient, have the ability to drive and improve upon processes, manage senior stakeholders, in addition to influence, challenge and change the status quo.
The Senior Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing a team responsible for the delivery of regular regulatory and statistical returns that are within the remit of Finance. You will provide expert technical knowledge and oversight to ensure that the business is compliant with current and future supervisory and statistical reporting requirements; coupled with ensuring all reports produced are materially correct and delivered within the agreed timescales.
Key accountabilities will include but limited to;
- Provides materially accurate and timely regulatory reporting and statistical returns to Regulatory bodies including BoE, PRA and FCA and forms close working relationships with these stakeholders.
- Scope of reporting requirements includes but is not limited to: FINREP, COREP, IRR requirements, relevant FCA reporting for FCA regulated entities eg MLAR, elements of Pillar 3 and Bank of England statistical reporting
- Implementing 'change' in BAU to regulatory reporting
- Maximising the efficiency of the team, improving reporting accuracy and reducing key person dependencies through driving consistency in our reporting processes, cross training and load balancing
- Drive through the delivery of the Target Operating Model so that activities currently within the team that need to transfer out to other teams/currently not in the team that need to transfer in is managed in a controlled fashion
- Horizon scanning for upcoming internal and external change that impacts regulatory reporting and mobilising teams to respond
- Leads, motivates and develops the team to ensure an effective working environment, one where there is the establishment and the maintenance of expert knowledge, employee commitment and consistently high performance.
- Builds, maintains and develops relationships with the Financial Ledger Control and Financial Data Management & Systems teams as key suppliers of data to be used in regulatory reports
- Support the rest of the Financial Reporting team to improve the quality of Finance's wider reporting activity
- Responsible for the identification and management of risks and controls for the area in line with the stated risk appetite and policy and for providing periodic certifications to this effect as required.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) coupled with a strong academic record.
You will have experience of leading the delivery of retail banking/building society prudential regulatory reporting/statistical reporting - in particular COREP, FINREP, Bank of England statistical reporting. Good technical understanding of relevant regulatory and statistical reporting requirements and experience of effectively managing relationships with regulators is essential. In addition, you will have an in-depth understanding of the application of risk management processes and have highly developed financial analysis skills.
Due to the multi-faceted nature of this position it is essential that the successful individual has proven experience in relationship building, influencing others as well as managing people and projects.
In a workplace where teamwork is essential, excellent people skills are a must. Likewise the individual must be diligent with has a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind. If you consider yourself to be a committed, motivated individual, who can demonstrate the above skills then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move, whilst on the move...