Legal Assistant Probate Department – PrestonFull Time
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Legal Assistant to join our Probate team. Working closely with the Head of Probate and lawyers handling the administration of estates they will be required to assist in the day to day progression of files, office administration and management of lawyers diaries’, calls and internal administration. This role will require an ability to speak with clients and other professionals, a high level of organisation and initiative and ability to work on multiple matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with clients and other professional in a courteous and helpful manner;
- Diary management;
- Preparation of documentation;
- Record keeping;
- Arranging internal management meetings;
- Arranging practical aspects relating to the administration of estates and management of client property.
Key skills and experience
- Committed team player with excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Detail-orientated approach to your work and have the ability to work under pressure;
- Use of initiative;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Effective time management skills;
- At least 12 months solid experience gained within a reputable wills and estate planning team as a legal assistant or legal secretary;
- Proven experience of working with a case management system;
- Good working knowledge of wills, LPAs and trusts;
- Proven experience in probate work;
- 12 months experience in legal assistant role or comparable role.