Legal Administrator - Canary Wharf based Law Firm
A leading law firm in Canary Wharf is seeking a Legal Administrator to join their busy team.
Working as part of the Legal Administration team within the operations division, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective booking of hearings by answering phone calls and processing emails quickly and efficiently; that papers, attendance notes and associated correspondence are checked, logged and organised in an accurate and timely fashion and sorting all incoming and outgoing post.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience dealing with clients over the telephone and a strong attention to detail. They will have an organised and professional approach, with a can do attitude.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring the instruction management system (IMS) ‘Job Updates’ list to ensure confirmation of receipt.
- Entering all hearings and other information received via the telephone onto IMS.
- Maintaining a timely turnaround of emails received by clients, suppliers and advocates.
- Receiving, checking and validating Papers and marking them off on IMS.
- Processing and sending Papers to advocates, Solicitors and Barristers (including following up with advocates for confirmation).
- Responding to queries about receipt and location of papers.
- Matching attendance notes with hard copy papers and additional documents.
- Locating papers identified on the ‘late list’ (for matters where Papers have been reported as ‘returned’ by the advocate but have not been invoiced).
- Answering the telephone: answering calls within 3 rings and dealing with calls in line with company policy.
- Telephoning advocates, Solicitors and Barristers for Additional paperwork and hard copy papers not returned within the prescribed time.
- Telephoning clients for missing Papers and missing documentation within Papers.
- Returning documents to clients, including papers, Additionals and/or Omissions.
- Opening DX and post, date stamping and distributing promptly to other members of staff.
- Accepting, checking and sorting of all deliveries and where necessary, liaising with suppliers to ensure orders are controlled and maintained.
- Enveloping and franking of all outgoing mail (including weighing and recording of Special Delivery/ Recorded Delivery/DX and Couriers) within specified time frames, ensuring they are ready for collection in the evening.
- Processing client cheques and carrying out banking duties.
- Assisting the Head of Department with ad hoc administrative tasks as and when requested.
Education and Training
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday between 8:30am - 6:30pm, on a rotational basis