Senior Metrology Engineer
The Role: Senior Metrology Engineer
Salary Range: £38,000 - £40,800
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Job Status: Permanent
The Client: Our global client designs, develops, manufactures and integrates an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s car manufacturers.
The Role: The primary function of the role is to measure the dimensions of finished products, parts, tools, gauges and machine parts.
- Ensure all data is handled and stored with due regards to confidentiality
- Comply with the Company`s total quality philosophy by:
- Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement
- Identifying ways of eliminates waste
- Communicating in an effective manner at all times
- Striving to exceed the internal and external customer expectations
- To provide measurement services to ensure compliance to dimensional specification of components, assemblies and prototypes at all stages of manufacture.
- To advise on, and conceive measurement strategies and systems and evaluate their suitability for a given application.
- To ensure all gauging, measuring and test equipment are calibrated on the calibration dates to the specified procedures and standards.
- To assist product launch with the completion of measurement reports product and prototypes.
- To provide measurement support to product and process improvements, including new machine purchase approval.
- To ensure all data, test results, certificates of conformance and reports are retained as per customer and third party requirements.
- To undertake training when identified to support business requirements and changes in technology and quality requirements.
- Support Design and Manufacturing Functions during all stages of project development and introduction.
- To assist when preparing for and receiving System Audits.
The ideal candidate profile:
- Degree Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering or equivalent
- Able to interpret drawings, technical specifications, and product control documentation
- Technical knowledge of vehicle driveline systems
- Expertise in Spline Processes and Gauging Strategies
- Knowledge of gauging, measurement and test equipment
- Knowledge of measurement and calibration standards
- Expertise in CMM programming using CALYPSO
- Computer literate - PC applications and Gauge Management System
- Ability to conceive measurement strategies and systems
The benefits include:
- 33 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA health assessments at corporate rates, however at employee’s expense
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership