Registered General Nurse – Adult
Registered General Nurse – Adult
Competitive with AfC (depending on experience)
Full-time (37.5 hours per week FTE) and Part-time positions available
QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services, Banstead Place, Banstead. SM7
RGN – The Role
- To be a proactive member of our existing Nursing and Rehabilitation Team.
- To provide high-quality nursing through assessing, planning and evaluating care for all clients at QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services.
- To ensure all aspects of the nursing management of clients are met.
- To work to ensure all care is provided in compliance with the National Minimum Care Standards and QEF policies.
- In liaison with the Head of Nursing and Rehabilitation direct and support, by example and good practice, the work of our team of Rehabilitation Assistants.
- To ensure all general and specific rehabilitation strategies for clients are put into practice and reinforced.
RGN – Duties
- To monitor and manage the clinical needs of individual clients who are undergoing rehabilitation at the service.
- To attend to and assist clients in achieving a high standard of physical/personal wellbeing, including diet, hygiene and appearance.
- Implement and evaluate the efficacy of the care plans and therapy guidelines for all clients.
- Administration and auditing of medication in conjunction with the Head of Nursing and Rehabilitation Support.
- Manage, monitor, assess and implement the continence plans of care for clients following liaison with the Continence Advisor.
- Monitor the dietary needs of clients, including guidelines given by the dietician.
- To take responsibility for maintaining a safe environment and infection
- Control guidelines.
- Create and maintain legible and accurate records of clinical care.
- Liaise with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and external professionals including medical personnel as required.
- To advise and train staff to the clinical care needs of all clients.
- To comply with the requirements of employees under the Health & Safety at Work Act and to report any incident, accident, hazards to your line manager.
- Observe strict confidentiality in respect of any information regarding clients or information relating to the Service.
- To assist in building and maintaining good staff relationships within the department in order to ensure a high standard of work as an effective team.
- Supervising Rehabilitation Assistants whilst on duty.
- Liaising with the Head of Nursing and Rehabilitation Support in matters relating to the clients’ clinical needs.
- In conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, undertake effective discharge planning.
RGN – Requirements
- Registered Nurse – Adult with valid NMC pin.
- Evidence of (Prep) post-registration education and practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Proven ability to work autonomously.
QEF is a Surrey-based charity committed to providing life-transforming services that enable people with disabilities to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life. We work with over 4,000 disabled children and adults every year with physical or learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries. Whether it’s gaining new skills to live independently, rehabilitation after a brain injury or stroke, or improving independence through increased mobility and accessible holidays; QEF helps disabled people to fulfil their potential in life.
QEF is structured into three main services - Independent Living Services, Mobility Services and Neuro Rehabilitation Services. These are augmented by QEF Retail Trading and a family of smaller charities - MERU which provides innovative product solutions and Sutton Shopmobility and VASD which offer access to and loans of mobility equipment.
How to Apply
Recently awarded ‘Good’ in all five key domains by CQC, we are now charting our pathway to ‘Outstanding’. We are looking for nurses who would value the career development opportunities that this journey will provide. To apply please visit our website via the APPLY link.
Close date Thursday 25th January 2018.
Interviews to take place 2nd and 8th February 2018