Regional Underwriting Manager Manchester
FPSG is working exclusively on this role for our respected client who is a leading insurance agency, with presence throughout the UK. Our client is seeking a Regional Underwriting Manager in Manchester to grow and develop their existing broker panel and brand awareness.
- Enhance company's standing locally and regionally by establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships with key directors and staff with key brokers.
- Handling new and existing business risks (mainly property and liability).
- Assist in the growth of the profitability of the branch.
- Lead, coach and mentor underwriting team.
- Deal with new business enquiries and renewals by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable business.
- Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of new cases.
- Demonstrating your contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch UW controls.
- Building effective trading relationships with Brokers through trading activity to be recognised as a positive trading partner, contributing to achievement of results.
As a successful Regional Underwriting Manager, you will have:
- A solid track record of handling commercial insurance risks, especially property and casualty business.
- Experience of managing and building relationships with key brokers within the region.
- Experience of handling new business policies and also handling renewal business.
- Possess Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications or be working towards this.
- Have a solid track record of commercial insurance underwriting and business development within an insurance company environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial line business and the legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively assess risk.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines.
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating.
- Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures.
In return, our client will reward you with a competitive salary to £60,000 (depending on experience), company pension, death in service, private healthcare and 26 days holiday.
For more information on this role or a confidential discussion, please contact Elaine McCrink on or email quoting ref emc01.61503
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.