Store Manager - Harrogate Area
Store Manager - Harrogate Area
£26,400 to £33,000 + up to 25% annual performance bonus & great benefits
We do things differently at the Co-op. We're not owned by 1 person or a board of executives, over 4.5million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We've gone through a lot of positive change over the last few years; we've rebranded, relaunched membership and we're exploring more ways to do business that's better for our members, customers and communities. Through our membership scheme, we've given back over £20million to over 4000 causes across the UK in just 6 months. And it won't stop there. We project over £100million will go back to members and local communities by the end of 2018. We're investing £160million in our estate by opening 100 new stores and investing in 150 store refits in 2018 too. It truly is an amazing time to join us as a store manager.
As a store manager you'll lead, coach and develop your team to provide a consistently great customer experience in store. We'll look for you to make sure our colleagues fully understand what good customer service looks like, and the impacts that poor service has on our business. As a manager, it'll be your responsibility to build great links within the community and actively lead your team to increase membership engagement. Above all, you'll be a commercial leader, seeking new and innovative ways to do business that'll increase sales performance within your store.
What you'll do:
* mentor your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
* create a great working environment for your team
* build strong links with the local community, and other nearby Co-op businesses
* lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
* be a role model to your team by taking pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
* be a commercial leader, looking into new ways to increase sales, and improve store performance
* create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
* react quickly and positively to changing priorities within store
To get going quickly, we'll need you to be a confident and engaging leader, with a consistent record of developing and leading teams of various sizes and ability. Community is a huge focus for us at the Co-op. So we'll look for you to understand the importance of building relationships and supporting your local community. You'll also have a great track record in increasing business performance and forecasting for the future, particularly by understanding your local competition.
We'd love to hear from you if:
* you've got previous retail or hospitality management experience
* you're an inspiring and engaging leader
* you've managed teams of various sizes and ability
* you understand the importance of building relationships with your local community
* you're commercially aware and have a track record of improving business performance
* you enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues on the shop floor
* you can effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
173 years ago a group of pioneers in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary with an amazing bonus, great benefits and discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension too. We want to change the world all over again. Join us, and help to rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're committed to promoting equality and preventing discrimination at work. We know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We're looking to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can devote their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve. We're actively building diverse, inclusive teams, and we welcome applications from all people.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79132026