Data integration Consultant
The Associates are looking for an Data Integration Engineer to work on a very large programme of work. Our client is a private organisation focused on delivering real world insight specifically related to healthcare data. The successful candidate will be working across multiple sites and with multiple integration tools to extract transform and load from disparate sources into a central data repository. It is essential that you have prior knowledge of the governance and or legislation around the movement of healthcare / patient / Life Science data. The role will be based in London but will require travel to multiple client sites.
The responsibilities you will undertake include:
- Implement robust integration processes and middleware configurations for efficient data extraction from disparate clinical systems and databases.
- Understands and implements data transfers securely, and with traceability / auditing to industry best practice standards.
- Refine, clarify and ensure accuracy of interfaces provided by third parties.
- Collaborate with Systems Analysts identifying key data residing in source systems to meet project requirements.
- Review, Evaluate and contribute to designs of data transfer & data integration services, logical and associated physical data models, and mappings.
- Constructs data quality control solutions (as part of the data transfer process), and provides data flow diagrams.
- 3rd Line support of ETL, middleware and other software deployed centrally and at healthcare locations.
- Management and analysis of the transferred data, including daily updates, review, and evaluation.
AS the Data Integration Consultant your background should include the skill matrix below.
- Extensive and recent experience of data Extraction, Transformation and Loading with at least one of:
- Healthcare Integration engines e.g. Mirth, Rhapsody, Ensemble
- Enterprise ETL tools e.g. Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Data Integrator
- Comfortable working with XML data and XSD Schema
- At least one RDBMS (e.g. Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server T-SQL)
- Exposure to both Windows and Linux environments
- Strong understanding of general software development approaches and principles: Waterfall, Iterative, Test-driven dev, Source Control, Testing
- Ability to communicate fluently and consultantively in English
The exposure you will gain from undertaking this role is fantastic in that you will be highly consultative, adapt quickly to a new environment and provide expert guidance to clients on the best tools to use as well as work with high volumes of sensitive data.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959859627