Mainframe Support Analyst
Mainframe Support Analyst - Northumberland - Contract - £competitive
Synergize Consulting are now hiring for a Mainframe Support Analyst to work for a leading public sector client based in Northumberland on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will be working within a dynamic support team and will provide analysis expertise to a range of applications that are already live, or in test phase.
- Analyse, assesses impact, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Facilitate recovery, following resolution of incidents
- Initiate and monitor actions to investigate, analyse patterns and trends and resolve problems in systems, processes and services.
- Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Identifies improvements and supports proposed solutions through to implementation by supporting the organisation and introducing more effective and efficient solutions.
- Strong experience in the operational build and configuration, administration and support of IT Operations, application technologies and solutions - (including hardware, software, commercial off the shelf and opensource packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Significant support and analysis skills, ideally within several of the following technologies: VME, OpenVME, SCL, Altadata, PXS, MVS (z/9 and z/10), JCL, OP-C, JES2, and ISPF.
- Experience across multiple flavours of Unix and Linux would be highly desirable, as would Windows operating system knowledge.
- Experience of Monitoring and Event Management
- Strong experience in Service Management & Operations (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management)
- ITIL certification would be highly advantageous
- Due to the nature of the client, it would be an advantage for candidates to hold, or be eligible and willing to undergo, a certain level of security clearance (SC).
If you are looking to take the next exciting step in your IT career, please send in your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79138517