Commercial Catering Engineer / Gas Engineer
We are one of the most established names in the fish and chip industry with a strong, proven and successful history. ?When our clients invest in one of our frying ranges, they can be sure that they have invested in a reliable and dependable piece of kit.
Training and development is a big thing for us and we personally pay for all our Catering Engineers to take CCCN1 andComcat1, 3, 5 as well as their comcat4qualification which enables them to become specialists on fish and chip shop ranges.?
- When on standard Service jobs - most finish at 11.00am (when the fryers start up) and engineers can the travel home and still book the 40 hours including travel time.
- One product is serviced, and they always ensure you have the right parts on the van.
- The equipment is very reliable, and there are very little breakdown call outs over weekends. The Southern Engineer has been called out once since January, and most calls can be fixed remotely over weekends.
- This is a very friendly company who look after their staff very well. They have a very low staff turn-over.
- You will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of a wide range of Frying Ranges along the M5.
- Service, maintenance and repair?of commercial catering equipment
- Fault Finding?on both electrical and gas commercial catering equipment
- Meeting clients - Customer facing position?
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- Comcat (4 would be an advantage)
- LPG?would be an advantage
- Relevant electrical experience or 17th, 16th, 15th edition, HNC, NVQ, City and Guilds in electrics would be an advantage
- Recent experience working on Commercial Gas Equipment?or Boilers or Heating systems
- Driver's Licence
- Basic Salary from £30,000 on a 40 hour week Paid door to door
- Overtime paid at time and half and double time (Sundays + Evenings + Bank Holidays)
- C12 hours per week OT available to those who want it
- On call- £50.00 Standby payment + Double time - You will only be expected to attend a callout if the job is classed as an 'emergency' (This may only happen once per month)
- Annual pension contribution
- Smart Phone
- Full Sick Pay after probation
- Fuel card
- Training on CCCN1 andComcat1, 3, 4 & 5 provided and funded, manufacturer training also provided when needed
- Mercedes Vito Van with Air con, Blue tooth, DAB
- Working away from home 1 to 2 nights per week, every week with the installations team. Hotel provided, and evening meal allowance.
If this position is of interest to you please send us your CV through the link or send a copy by email to and one of our recruiters will give you a call for a confidential chat. Alternatively please call us on and we will be more than happy to go through the role in more detail.
If this particular Vacancy isn't of interest to you, but you are looking for work in a similar field, please get in touch, as we have new vacancies registered on a daily basis.