UX / UI Designer
UX / UI Designer
A global financial company requires a UX Designer to join an expanding team collaborating to design and develop a suite of tools and platforms used by over 4000 global staff and its customers.
The team require a talented UI/UX designer who can aid in the crafting of exceptional user experiences, whilst aiding the evolution of the company’s styles framework. The ideal candidate will possess solid visual skills and a have keen eye for detail – both in terms of the visual aesthetic; and for interaction and behaviour.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working with other project and business stakeholders in the creation of designs from the macro requirements of an entire applications; too individual features contained within them; and at a micro level the subtle interactions of an individual component.
- Creating high and low definition wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual documentation according to project requirements.
- Influencing user research, and the evaluation of user feedback for consideration into future application functionality and evolution.
- Helping promote the UX design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Being the voice of the user, ensuring the business takes their needs into consideration
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience working on data-heavy, enterprise level applications with a portfolio that displays not just the final product; but the design process explored whilst working to find the eventual solution.
- A tenacious approach to the design process, approaching requirements conceptually, visually and with a view to the experience across a broad range of screen sizes.
- An obsession with delivering the best possible solution, whilst working with an open mind-set and adaptable attitude to cope with changing requirements the business needs to make to adjust to market conditions.
- A compulsion to safeguard even the minutest of visual details and nuances are adhered too, ensuring the end user experience is exactly as designed.
- Be a positive and confident communicator, with the skills and an ability to both influence and negotiate with a variety of business stakeholders.
- Proficiency with industry accepted prototyping tools and workflows. Whilst our development team are heavy windows users, the design team prefer Mac’s and use a combination of Adobe Illustrator and Sketch on desktop; and InVision, UXPin and Zeplin in the browser.
- Exposure to HTML / CSS development
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79138142