Graduate Platform Support Engineer
Our client, based in Reigate, Surrey is currently recruiting for a Junior / Graduate Platform Support Engineer to join their fantastic company on a permanent basis.
The role will primarily involve supporting business critical systems. This role provides an opportunity for you to grow and develop your skills. If you are looking for career progression and a chance to learn new technologies, then look no further.
- You will be taught AWS and Middleware technology thoroughly
- Systems within the business are sat on a Unix platform
- Production Incident/Problem/Change assessment and resolution.
- Run in depth investigations on new issues to provide sufficient information in order to speed up problem resolution by the application development team
- Monitoring of performance related issues using real time monitoring software (dynaTrace). Adjust thresholds and create new alerts based on new functionality
- Supporting development and project teams in a DevOps environment.
- Standard platform responsibilities i.e. backup, performance, maintenance, patching.
- Installation, configuration, upgrading software and related products
- Providing expertise within IT around middleware products best practices.
- Enhancing automation, scripting, non-functional testing within the platform area.
Essential Key Technologies & Requirements:
- Extensive experience within a support role and environment
- Proven experience of Oracle middleware. Extensive use of WebLogic.
- Previous exposure to a wide range of Web technologies preferred (Apache, nginx, web services, EJB, logs etc?)
- Have proven experience with supporting open-source infrastructure as well as hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Have proven experience with Amazon Cloud (AWS)
- Previous experience of WebLogic WLST
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General troubleshooting skills to solve issues (i.e. root cause of strange behaviours in systems and problem resolution)
Key skills and experience:
- It is essential that you have a passion for technology
- A relevant degree or experience within a technical role
- Experience working with Java is advantageous
- SQL development or other relevant coding experience is highly advantageous
- Tenacious problem solving abilities and key attention to detail
Due to the nature of the client you will need to be able to undergo and pass a thorough security clearance check including a credit check.
For more information, please contact Georgia Harris at Clearwater People Solutions or simply apply as instructed.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79142632