Our client, a highly successful FMCG business based just outside the city centre of Manchester is looking for a bright and ambitious Assistant Accountant on a full time permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely information to assist in the production of management accounts and reports for the European sites.
- Responsible for European costing activities relating to period end, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Reconciliation of UK usage and prices on SAP against supplier invoices
- Preparation of group reports
- Collate feedback received from sites and issue COP tracker
- Calculation of Stock Revaluation postings on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of Slow Moving stock analysis
- Posting of costs of goods journals to enable analysis by site
- Calculation of accruals for Vendor Rebates
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of packaging waste submission and ad-hoc analysis required by customers.
- Creation and issue of budget templates to sites
- Ad-hoc reporting and investigation on behalf of the Site Finance and costing team.
You will ideally be studying CIMA/ACCA as this position offers the support and exposure to develop your skills whilst studying towards your qualification.
Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required for this role and exposure to SAP accounts or a similar accounting package is also key.
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the correct attributes then please send your CV to for immediate consideration