Compressor / Compressed Air & Pneumatics Service Engineer
Our has been a long established compressed air industry leader for nearly 30 years. Our core business is Sales, Installation & Maintenance of Compressors, compressed Air equipment and Systems.
Focused primarily within the South West but sometimes traveling to other parts of the country, our longstanding customers vary from workshops and garages to industrial and food production sites, Utilities and many other nationally recognised names.
We are Main Distributors for Gardner Denver Hydrovane and CompAir products, and Parker Hannifin pneumatic ranges in the UK with full factory & training support.
Our client has an opportunity for a skilled Air Compressor service engineer with High Pressure experience.
Our client requires an Air Compressor / compressed air service engineer, with high pressure experience and either a mechanical or electrical bias, to join an expanding service team operating out of its busy Bristol Office.
- Effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on customer equipment
- Aluminum & Steel pipework installations
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance on compressors and a range of ancillary equipment and compressed air systems
- Perform emergency breakdown fault-finding and repair
- Install and commission compressors and compressed air systems
- Recommend additional works that may assist customers or enhance the company's performance
- Maintain good professional working relationships with all existing and new customers
- Maintain company vehicle, PPE, testing and other company equipment in accordance with guidelines
- Complete service reports, timesheets, job sheets, recommendations neatly and submit in a timely manner in accordance with laid down procedures
- Complete appropriate risk assessment and method statement paperwork before commencing jobs
- Ensure ongoing compliance with both company and customer health and safety and environmental procedures
- Must be willing to travel throughout the region with occasional overnight stays as required
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE - Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will ideally have good engineering skills, with experience of all types of industrial air compressors and associated equipment. Working knowledge of compressor electrical and control systems, and experience of High Pressure systems will be an advantage. The candidate must be able to work on own initiative, have good communication skills and ability to discuss engineering issues with customers, works engineers and senior personnel within companies. A full UK driving license, basic working knowledge of H&S issues, documentation, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Personal Safety as well as current legislation relating to the tasks being undertaken and the ability to fit in as part of the team would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to join a busy and growing company at an exciting time. You will receive excellent training and development and the chance to enhance your skills.
- Previous experience of working with compressed air equipment
- Previous experience in a field based service role is essential
- Experience in the compressed air industry would be valued but isn't essential
- Sound electrical & mechanical fault finding experience
- Fork-lift, IPAF and trailer licenses are handy but not essential
- Friendly approach with good inter-personal skills
- Candidate needs to be able to work alone but also work well with the existing team
- Good interpersonal and IT skills
- Desire to provide a high quality of workmanship & 'can do' attitude
- Current UK driving license
- Candidate will need to be based or able to re-locate to the Bristol area
The package on offered is a competitive salary in a permanent position, in a good working environment, with long term opportunities to develop your career.
Our client is offering a competitive salary with company benefits including, a contributory pension scheme, (after a qualifying period), and 23 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays.
If you are interested in the position and have the necessary experience