The Role: Maintenance Manager
Salary Range: £45,000 - £55,000
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Job Status: Permanent
The Client: Our global client designs, develops, manufactures and integrates an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s car manufacturers.
The Role: To lead, manage, coordinate, and review the company’s activities to ensure safe, reliable and economical use of the company’s assets, including machinery, facilities, buildings, etc. as well as supply and disposal of different mediums. Proactively plan efficient use of resources and consider external services. Ensure compliance to all legislations regarding equipment safety, OHS and environmental protection. Act as a key member of the site Leadership Team, providing business support and strategic direction.
- Develop and deploy the local Maintenance strategy aligned to regional maintenance strategy and local business plan.
- Ensure compliance to all legislations (OHS, Environment) within the given responsibility.
- Define, deploy, and review maintenance policies, procedures, criteria and KPIs.
- Ensure all work meets TS 16949 requirements.
- Lead the maintenance team by functional competence, managerial skills, and using agreed targets.
- Develop the Maintenance function by developing the organisation structure and individual training plans.
- Plan and control functional budget.
- Plan and control functional KPIs.
- Plan, decide, and execute all maintenance activities on site (except autonomous maintenance) to ensure reliable and economical use of company assets.
- Enhance the planned maintenance activities, using predictive and preventive maintenance. Plan and execute planned maintenance schedules.
- Manage and improve lost time due to unplanned breakdowns and execute sustained solutions in response to machine breakdowns.
- Lead an efficient local spare part management system based on requirements and economical aspects.
- Be a member of the site safety committee to actively assess and reduce enterprise risks in order to improve safety proactively and to prevent reoccurrence of accidents.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineering to contribute to investment planning by specifying requirements for future equipment and support project execution.
- Motivate team by setting challenging and achievable goals. Communicate business strategy and update team on the roadmap to excellence.
- Create a culture of Engagement where all employees have the tools they need to do their job well and have the opportunity to contribute to improvement through employee involvement.
The benefits include:
- 33 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA health assessments at corporate rates, however at employee’s expense
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Bonus scheme
- Car Allowance