£42,000 to £62,000 p/a + amazing benefits
Manchester city centre
We're Co-op, and we're creating our very own digital revolution. By embracing the culture, practices and technologies of the digital age we're building new products and services that are grounded in co-op values of openness, member ownership, and community.
We're now looking to recruit talented Software Engineers to support the growth of our unique business. As a Software Engineer at Co-op you'll work in one of our multi-disciplinary agile teams alongside product owners, product managers, business analysts, architects, researchers and designers. We work together to create solutions that deliver simple applications with the needs of our customers and members at their heart.
We're building applications in Java and Python, so we're really flexible when it comes to your background. We're looking for people who are passionate about fulfilling user needs, collaborating with others, and are flexible over what technology they use.
What you'll do:
- Learn and use a full-stack approach to software development (it doesn't matter if you're not initially comfortable across the full stack)
- Use modern engineering practices like TDD, pair programming and continuous deployment
- Work within agile teams to create quick feedback loops and focus on the customer
- Build services that make a difference to people's lives
What you'll bring:
- Flexible attitude to technology and solid understanding of how the web works
- The ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- A commitment to putting UX at the heart of the development process - we run fortnightly user research sessions and feed this back into our backlogs
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you'll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, private health cover and an amazing pension.
We want to change the world all over again. If you believe in our purpose, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's different to all the rest, then join us. And help us rebuild an iconic British brand.
You can find out more about what's going on right now in Co-op Digital by visiting www.digital.blogs.coop, or follow us on Twitter: www.CoopDigital
We're actively seeking to build diverse teams, and we welcome applications from all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We will make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.