Graduate Trainee- Business Development Manager
Our client based in Manchester City Centre close to Spinningfields are an innovative and award winning cloud software development agency established in 2011. Due to continued success and an ambitious growth plan for 2017 they are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to further spread the word about their services. Ideally we are looking for a Graduate Trainee with an interest in Software Development who is looking to take the first steps in their sales career.
From designing customer engagement strategies and service and experience design to architecting technical solutions in response to complex problems, the companies objective is to help clients navigate the commercial challenges of user-centric application design and build.
They have a smart and creative environment, driven by honesty and collaboration. They take a dynamic, agile approach that enables them to be responsive to client and customer needs.
The company have always leveraged our relationships to secure new business. As we grow we're looking for another individual to join our co-founder in representing the business around the city (and potentially further afield).
This is a highly autonomous role and will require a flexible schedule and an organised, analytical approach to the most organic of activities: relationships.
- Identifying potential clients and grading them against the companies suitability criteria.
- Prioritising and working to secure introductions/meetings with said clients in order to create opportunities to demonstrate how they can add value.
- Building strong, lasting relationships with other key business-people and maintaining/enhancing existing relationships.
- Attending networking, and other business-related events.
- Securing partnerships with other businesses to whom the company have good synergy with.
- A professional demeanour coupled with an ability to deal with people from all walks of life.
- A degree or interest in an IT discipline
- Basic understanding of software/web development or the ability to pick this up fast.
- An ability to communicate sometimes quite technical concepts in an easy-to-understand, result-focused manner.
- Good diplomacy skills.
- The ability to set and meet targets and systemise activities.
We only hire people who embody (and can demonstrate thus) our values. Our values are core to everything we do and we consider them to be one of the most important indicators of a candidate’s suitability when hiring.
- Have pride and passion. Everything you do is a reflection of you. A paycheque should be an excuse to do what you love, not the other way around.
- Be accountable. To own something is to be responsible for it. In this teamthere's no such thing as "someone else's problem"
- Never stop learning. In our industry more than most, to stop moving forward is to start moving backwards. Everything we do should be driven by curiosity and experimentation.
- Win (and lose) together. We are greater together, in success and failure.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person and we are open in terms of experience as long as you embody the values above and have the sales ability and passion to succeed.
Basic salary is entirely dependant upon experience and in the range of £19-£22k + on target earnings of 10% of salary. Bonuses are dependant upon hitting targets.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Graduate looking for the first step in their sales career. Interested? Send your CV now to be considered.