This is an excellant opportunity for you to really progress your career, our client provides a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and startups to substantial groups. Their client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, both private and publicly listed businesses.
Providing clients with an efficient and effective service through the control and efficient use of the department resources. Liaison with other departments to ensure close liaison on client affairs and assisting in administration tasks to ensure a smooth running of the department.
- Client Portfolio - ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- Audit work and setting budgets - awareness of commercial aspects of clients business and impact on our work. Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Department Administration - monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources. Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- Business/Practise Development - preparation of proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and development of opportunities with current clients.
- Training and development - ensuring assessment forms completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally.
- Planning and organising - to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate time-scales through continual monitoring of progression of the work.
- Technical expertise - to ensure audit conducted to correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate and meaningful for the type of industry. To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions.
- Commercial awareness - to have a good understanding of the commercial factors affecting the client and to be able to monitor the commercial effectiveness of work done by reviewing costs against budget.
- Teamwork - working as a team with the other managers, directors and staff to ensure the department as a whole meets its objectives and all client demands are exceeded et and dealing with differences.
- Problem solving - technical knowledge to resolve client issues and organisation to be flexible to meet client and director demands.
- Customer focus - ensuring clients expectations are exceeded, by providing a first class service at all times.
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
Please apply with your CV in the first instance. Please do note that you will need an appropriate amount of recent, relevant experience of working for a professional accountancy firm. Experience gained from positions held in commercial or industrial businesses is unfortunately not suitable on this occasion.
Not What You Were Looking For?
We don’t advertise all of our opportunities so if you would like to investigate alternatives please contact me. Rekroot (UK) Ltd is a specialist accountancy practice recruitment business. We cater for:
- Accounts, Audit, Business Assurance and Business Development
- Corporate, Personal, Indirect and Employment Taxes
- Corporate Finance and Transactional Services
- Business Restructuring, Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- Outsourcing and Payroll Services
- IT Finance Systems
We look forward to working with you and being part of your success.