An opportunity for newly-graduated professionals to earn money and study for their ACA qualification at the same time. Start your career in a top 100 firm, well-known for their approach to developing staff.
Our client is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff, serving clients from 19 offices.
Our client is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities they offer their people, their approach to working with clients and their passion for responsible business, they are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. They are proud of the single global partnership they have built to serve clients around the world.
As an Audit Trainee, your role is to provide an unbiased analysis of the client's financial records and test these records in accordance with accounting standards. These accounting standards form an integral part of your studies.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
During your first year, you will support an Audit Senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are on-site and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
As an Audit Trainee, your typical daily duties will include:
Checking a client's financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Utilise audit software
- Attend client meetings and social activities
- Attend in-house technical training as required
We are looking for people who bring something special to our client's firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
Our client will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification; you will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Support is available for all of trainees, with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
Core benefits to all employees - holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that you will be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
You will also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest-free season ticket loans.