Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Finance Officer – Service Charge Team
£19,372 per annum
35 hours per week – Temporary 12 month contract
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. We provide a diverse range of services across a group structure including general rented, sheltered, supported accommodation, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. With more than 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Our strength as an organisation lies in the quality of our people and we are always looking for individuals with fresh ideas to join us - people who share our commercial mind-set and who are committed to providing excellent customer service. Our philosophy is to attract and retain quality individuals, nurture and develop them and in doing so, inspire and motivate them.
We are looking for a proactive individual with a keen eye for detail to join our Service Charge Team and provide an efficient and comprehensive finance support service to ensure that the financial records of the organisation meet legal and regulatory requirements.
The role of Finance Officer will include –
- Maintaining effective and efficient finance administration systems
- Supporting the Service Charge Team to ensure regulatory, internal and other standards are continuously met or exceeded.
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with internal and external customers
- Resolving queries, ensuring customers are kept informed along the way
Skills and experiences –
- Recent experience working in a similar role, or within an administration role is desirable
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work loads
- Some experience of producing and analysing quality statistical information would be advantageous
- Ability to work well as a team, or on own initiative
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 16 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.