Legal Secretary Criminal Law
Jazz Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Criminal Legal Secretary to join our client, a leading, award winning law firm based in Middlesbrough. Having served Teesside for over 30 years, this established practice holds a fantastic reputation for being supportive, sensitive and robust.
If you are an enthusiastic legal secretary with a passion for self-development, this could be the career move for you!
- Prepare correspondence and documents for the Criminal Department through digital audio-typing and word processing
- To administer filing (which will include daily physical filing and storage on case management system) and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
- Use the client case management system effectively
- To undertake photocopying as required
- Organise appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain electronic diaries
- Assist with answering telephone and attending to clients in reception in the absence of the receptionist
- To check own work to minimise errors and avoid corrections by fee-earners
- Provide support to other secretaries/other department as required
- Provide guidance to junior staff when required to do so
- Attend to Criminal clients on the telephone and in person when required to do so, and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner, in keeping with the firm's standards for client care
- To undertake any specific training when required, and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information at all times
- Deliver and collect documents as required
- Prepare and frank mail and enclosures
- Any ad hoc task as required
Required qualifications, skills and experience;
- Legal Secretarial experience, ideally within Criminal Law
- Experience in audio typing
- Experience in digital dictation
- Minimum 70wpm typing speed
- The ability to be organised, work under pressure and manage own workload without supervision
- Strong client care skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Good understanding of the Legal Aid contractual requirements and procedures
- Experience of using a client case management system.
This fantastic opportunity is offering either full time Mon-Fri 35 hours, or as an alternative, 28 hours (4 days per week). Offering an extremely attractive 30 days holiday per year, plus an extra day on the last day before Xmas, this firm is keen to find the person to join their proactive team.
If you feel you are suited to this role, please do not miss out, Apply now!