Surgical Nurse- Private Hospital
Heart Healthcare are currently accepting applications for a Surgical Nurse in a well-respected private hospital based in South West London.
Salary: 27,000- 34,000
Hours: 37.5 per week
Standard rota hours apply
Exciting opportunities have arisen for enthusiastic and motivated nurses with surgical experience to join a busy multi-disciplinary ward covering a wide range of specialties including orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology, neurology, plastic surgery and ENT.
Purpose of Post
You will provide excellent care to all patients undergoing surgery, including pre and post operation, and work towards developing and maintaining a cohesive multidisciplinary team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Set, monitor and maintain agreed standards of nursing care in conjunction with other members of the ward team.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Maintain up-to-date nursing records, ensuring that confidentiality is respected.
- Use reflective practice as a method of ensuring that appropriate effective nursing care is delivered to each patient.
- Support the Sister/Charge Nurse in his/her leadership role.
- Co-ordinate the care for a group of patients.
- Communicate and co-operate with all other wards and departments.
- Provide information of incidents and accidents to staff, patients and visitors via the Datix web based system.
- Attend and participate in ward/departmental meetings as required.
- Act as a mentor for learners and newly qualified staff allocated to the ward area.
- Assist in the induction of new members of staff to the clinical area.
- Utilise research to enhance nursing practice.
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of models of care used on the ward.
You must have valid NMC registration
All candidates will be required to attend interview between 9am- 5pm on a weekday, so you must have availability to do this.
To apply for this fantastic role simply apply below via email for more information. Your next job is just a few clicks away!
Keywords: Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, RGN, RN, Senior Staff Nurse, Nurse, Nursing, Outpatients, Theatre, Ophthalmic, Private Hospital, Hospital, ICU, A+E, Ophthalmics, Ophthalmology, Operating Room, Scrub, Private, NHS