Supplier Quality Engineer, Abingdon
Supplier Quality Engineer, Abingdon, £40k - £50k + Benefits:
Our client is a leading manufacturer of high technology products which are used by organisations and research institutes around the world. Sat firmly in the FTSE 250, this exciting business is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join a talented manufacturing function. The quality team has recently had an investment of over £100k and with several large scale supplier quality projects, there are looking for someone to spearhead the delivery of these exciting projects.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for establishing supplier approvals, conducting supplier audits and directly improving supplier quality performance within the businesses ISO9001: 2015 certification. With a common sense approach to quality and a style that encourages root cause analysis and ongoing supplier capability development you will lead and drive quality improvements throughout the supply chain in order to optimise business performance and customer satisfaction.
- Manage supplier approvals, identifying, benchmarking and auditing production suppliers
- Drive prioritised supplier non-conformance and root cause analysis
- Ensure Quality Assurance for new and existing suppliers including audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
- Improve and develop suppliers through Supplier Quality KPI & metrics
- Work closely with production, engineering and purchasing teams to resolve supplier technical issues and ensure best available technologies and manufacturing processes are deployed across the supply chain
- Prepare documentation for inspection / testing procedures, participate in FAI at suppliers premises
- Developing the quality culture within the supply chain by Championing Operational Excellence, in particular, by deploying common sense quality tools for problem solving and root cause analysis activities
- Input into technical drawings and product design when required to improve the manufacturing processes within the supply chain (DFMA)
- Lead strategic quality improvements across the external supply chain and when necessary establish cross functional teams to resolve major quality concerns.
- Maintain successful relationships with suppliers and other internal departments
- Support the ISO9001 internal audit system/process
If you're a Supplier Quality Engineer who has experience of working in a high technology manufacturing business, and this exciting position is of interest, we'd love to talk to you in more detail about this role, please send MARS recruitment a copy of your CV for immediate review.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).