A proactive Accounts Assistant is needed to join a faced paced SME business on the outskirts of Exeter in a varied accounting role. Working as part of a small friendly team, the Accounts Assistant will undertake a variety of accounting role with duties including:
- Maintaining the purchase ledger: processing purchase invoices, purchase orders and delivery notes, reconciliations and setting up the payment run.
- Processing staff expenses, issuing and reconciling petty cash.
- Processing inter-company invoices.
- Maintaining the sales ledger: posting of sales invoices, recording of payments received and allocating accordingly.
- Preparation of the daily banking.
- Maintaining the cash books, reconciling bank accounts.
- Supporting management accounts preparation.
- Analysis of expenditure for accruals.
- Dealing with invoice queries.
The successful candidate will have a proactive and friendly personality and enjoy being in a busy, varied role. Recent accounts experience including purchase ledger and/or sales ledger is essential. You will need to be organised and able to work using your own initiative. You will be IT literate with experience of Excel including look ups and formula.
In return this company is offering a competitive salary plus a great benefits package.
This employer provides a positive and friendly working environment, systems training will be provided and skills development is supported.
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm
Start date: ASAP
THIS IS AN URGENT REQUIREMENT AND APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED PROMPTLY
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.