Merchandising Assistant - Books
Careful distribution, planning and merchandising keeps our stores well stocked and looking great! It's no mean feat. It takes a lot of innovation, creative thinking and problem solving, as challenges arise all the time. New ideas are welcomed - and you'll see results quickly. If you're constructive, resilient and commercial and able to see the bigger picture, you'll soon find your feet in this varied, fast-moving department.
We're now recruiting for a Merchandising Assistant to join our Books/ Newspapers & Magazines team has arisen for a Merchandising Assistant, based at our Travel Head Office in Central London. Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser, the role's main purpose is to assist the Senior Merchandiser in the management of stock and availability within set targets to deliver budgeted sales and contribution.
* Maintenance of range plans and accurate item ranging to maximise stock efficiency
* Creation and management of Returns to Vendor and store recalls within set budgets
* Monitoring clearance of stock to forecast and managing exit stock out of the business
* Monitoring stock Key Performance Indicators
* Analysis to support range review and range construction
* Escalating store queries to relevant internal and external contacts
* Managing new store opening stock for Newspapers & Magazines
* Assisting wider team with Day to Day reporting
Requirements of the Role:
* Previous merchandising or Supply chain experience, ideally gained in a Retail/ FMCG environment
* Excellent PC skills including Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookups)
* Experience of using Stock management systems and other bespoke software
* Excellent communication skills
* Exceptional Analytical skills
* Strong commercial acumen
* Experience of supervising a small team would be highly beneficial
What's in it for you?
We're a company that values our people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to our various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. We offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension, as well as other perks such as our popular holiday trading scheme.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.