£22k - £25k
We are currently recruiting for a very successful and growing Broker who has an exciting opportunity to become an Underwriter for their Commercial business.
Although the position has a Trainee title, we are looking for bright, driven individuals with an Insurance background who are looking for an Underwriting career.
This is a great - and rare - opportunity to progress your career within Underwriting. Also our Client has a tremendous record of developing its people, so this could be the right long term move for you.
The Company is looking for candidates who are driven to succeed and would relish the opportunity to study further for CII (Insurance) qualifications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dealing quickly and efficiently with new business enquiries and renewals and mid-term referrals by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable business
- Assess risks and underwrite within allocated authority level
- Conduct regular case reviews to ensure that technical procedures and standards are always followed
- Work collaboratively with the placements, Insurer and Claims teams
- Build and maintain effective insurer relationships
You will demonstrate:
- Insurance experience and Career driven - you will be trained to progress into an Underwriting role and therefore you will want to continue your professional development
- Confident and have a professional communication manner to develop close rapport with your Clients
- Good decision making and prioritisation skills
- Ability to take ownership, use initiative and to be proactive
- Effective administration and communication skills