Based in London, Euston. We are seeking a contractor for 12 months who will be working within the digital technology team, focused on management the web / digital arms of the business, as well as innovation projects using new platforms and technologies.
The small team works with the wider digital projects group as well as commercial, marketing and operations to deliver primarily customer facing projects.
The role involves management of remote development personnel, hosting providers and other suppliers, management of sprints, issue resolution and system/information architecture.
Upcoming projects require the leveraging of large data-sets and set up of real-time streaming data processing on AWS, thus experience in this area is essential.
Ideal candidate will be capable of POC development on AWS, proficient in NodeJS (front-end and on Lambda), HTML/CSS.
'Must have’ knowledge and experience:
- Writing requirements / acceptance criteria
- Big data processing
- Real time streaming data
- AWS - IAM, Lambda, EC2, DynamoDb, RDS, API Gateway
- Understand the basics of web hosting and delivery (DNS, HTTP, SSL, monitoring systems, firewalls, load balancers)
- Working knowledge of software and application security
- Frontend and backend development experience Development experience in NodeJs, HTML/CSS. Python a nice to have. 'Should have’ experience:
- Familiarity with databases, SQL, data manipulation and analysis
- CMS (Sitecore a bonus)
- SEO, accessibility, web security
- Managing website technology stacks Skills
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder engagement Behaviours
- Ability to focus on our customers, to listen actively, to work as a team, to empower others and show empathy.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, of very different nature, at any given time. Tasks and responsibilities:
- Sprint management
- Minor development POC pieces • Release management • Backlog grooming • Project management of new developments: requirements, scope, costs, planning • Troubleshooting • Acceptance criteria writing and acceptance testing • Jira management of bugs and features • Daily/monthly calls
- Hosting, security, pen test management
- SEO / analytics
- Incident management (downtime, serious bugs, etc) • New initiatives and innovation work