Network Occupancy Planner
Highways England is currently recruiting for a Network Occupancy Planner to be based at are offices in Penrith.
The role is to manage the scheduling and related communications of road space bookings, ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely manner, and the scheduling is done in a way that minimises the disruption to customers and overall customer experience.
Day to day
- To process regional requests for road space via the HE SRW system or similar system as specified by the organisation.
- To collate record and interpret network occupancy data, to ensure road space bookings can be managed in a way that minimises disruption to customers.
- To identify and resolve any diversion route conflicts in line with existing procedures, escalating to the Operational Control Room Manager any issues which cannot be addressed.
- To proactively liaise with regional Operations colleagues (e.g. Scheme Delivery) and wider internal and external stakeholders to optimize network occupancy and minimise impacts on read users.
- To manage the necessary communications to stakeholders regarding booking confirmation, rejections or alterations.
- To ensure that the road space booking data is maintained up to date and correct at all times, and to take the necessary actions to resolve any issues; ensure that stakeholders (e.g. NTIS) can rely on the accuracy and timeliness of data to publish road works / closure updates, which enable customers to better plan their journeys (e.g. via Traffic England, mobile apps, etc.).
- To produce and distribute related information and/or reports,
- Good communication and customer service skills; able to engage confidently with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to gather and analyse information in order to reach a decision, knowing when to escalate if necessary.
- A good attention to detail
- Ability to execute tasks independently, yet work collaboratively within a team and respond to management guidance & support
- Proficiency in a range of office software products to enable production / maintenance of a range of complex documents, spreadsheets and management reports
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/