Waking Night Support Workers Required
Waking Night Support Workers needed!
A fantastic charity in the heart of Exeter's city centre is looking to appoint some Waking Night Support Workers into their 9-bed residential service for people with a range of hearing and/or sight difficulties. You will be covering 35 hours per week on a 4-nights-on, 4-nights-off basis.
Due to the nature of this role you will receive excellent training in not only care, but Sign Language - a skill that will be a brilliant addition to your CV and a skill for life.
To be part of this Charity would be extremely rewarding and there will be the option of progression if desired. A standard night shift will run from 10pm to 8am.
- Supporting people to make sense of their environments
- Supporting people with their health and well-being.
- Supporting people with their personal care.
- Taking into account people's age, gender, ethnic origin, religious/cultural background, abilities/disabilities, and other needs.
- Listening to what people tell you about what is important to them.
- Supporting people to speak up for themselves, and/or impartially speaking up for them.
- Keeping all records of your work up to date and accurate.
- Completing Sense's induction and skills development programme and attending courses arranged by your manager.
Applicants looking to apply should:
- Ideally have some experience as a Support Worker
- Be self-motivated and resilient
- Have a passion for care
- Have excellent communication skills, patience and creativity.
Hourly rate - £8.25
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively, you can call me on for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!