Nourish Trainer - Nationwide Role
Our business is growing, and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated IT Trainer to join our team as soon as possible. This is a remote role with travel throughout the the UK.
The successful candidate will be an important member of the Training team helping with a whole variety of tasks related to the process of installing the Nourish system in care settings; this will involve delivering software training, supporting accounts with the installation of the Nourish system, adapting the product to their needs, and helping these accounts with day-to-day support.
As a Nourish Trainer you will be the 'face’ of Nourish for our customers so will need to be a trustworthy brand advocate at all times, comfortable with soft selling and aligned with our company mission of 'connecting people who care.’
If you love technology and are passionate about integrating it with the future of personal care, this opportunity will allow you to get hands-on experience doing an enjoyable, varied and challenging job.
- Quickly gain full expertise of the Nourish system and its updates, being able to comfortably demonstrate it to any person in the care industry;
- Install the Nourish system at care settings, including side support for other IT problems related to the installation of the system;
- Support Nourish accounts preventing or reacting to technical issues they might encounter;
- Keep a strong communication with the customer support and software development team, gathering customer feed back, queries and requests for change.
- Must be willing to travel as our customers are nationwide, because of this we are willing to accept applications from all over the the UK;
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- A passionate trainer who thrives on training on both a one to one basis and in a group or classroom setting;
- A skilled communicator who knows how to tailor training delivery to different skills levels and personality types;
- An organized professional who is adept at being able to plan and manage multiple roll outs and projects simultaneously;
- A patient, understanding person with excellent listening skills and the ability to support basic users;
- Needs to be quick at responding to issues while maintaining a calm approach and investigating, diagnosing, and solving them;
- Tech-savvy individual, enthusiastic about technology designed for people, and with a passion for good design;
- A relevant degree is not necessary but will be welcomed. It is also an advantage if you already had previous experience dealing with project roll outs in a customer facing role and/or installing systems on a b2b basis;
- Experience training on any medical or care industry software applications would be advantageous as well as any experience in the care sector;