Strategy Planning & Insight Manager
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Strategy, Planning & Insight Manager for a highly profitable service business who are based in Coventry. You will ideally be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong stakeholder engagement skills coupled with strong commercial acumen and the ability to add tangible value. You will work closely with the Board and Senior Management team and support them in making the right decisions which will ultimately drive improvements and profitability.
As the Strategy, Planning & Insight Manager you will report into the Head of Strategy but will have a dotted line into the CEO. You will provide support and critical analytical challenge across a variety of different business areas and projects.
As the Strategy, Planning & Insight Manager you will build and facilitate the strategic planning process and five year strategic plan. Developing and maintaining MI and reporting to support products, marketing and wider business decision making by robust insight on customers and competitors. You will act as a trusted advisor to the Senior Management team and will be a key partner in setting the future direction of the business.
You will need to demonstrate strategic thinking and focus on the bigger picture and be able to articulate how you have supported key decisions and business model improvements in your previous roles. The ability to develop clear and impactful written and verbal presentations, supported by robust insight and analysis is key.
You will be involved in the following:
- Various high level Projects where every week will be different.
- Development and preparation of the Strategic Plan and materials to support strategic discussions with the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that emerging risk trends and opportunities are identified, addressed and documented in the Strategic Plan.
- Provide monitoring, analysis and measuring of risk through Executive Risk Committee and Board checkpoint reporting.
- Driving forward individual strategic agenda items.
- Supporting corporate transaction evaluations whilst working in partnership with other areas of the wider department and other teams.
As the successful Strategy, Planning & Insight Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant or hold an equivalent Degree / Masters in Business
- Have highly developed commercial acumen
- Have highly developed analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Be a strong communicator, with the ability to present complex financial data and concepts in a clear and concise way to non-finance professionals
- Be able to persuade and influence
- Have the ability to make a significant commercial contribution by understanding the performance drivers of the business
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Strategy, Planning & Insight Manager:
- Salary of £60K / £80K
- Car or Car Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Real Career Progression and Development
- Good Work Life Balance