Finance Management Accountant
This role reports to and provides support to the Finance Director and is the 'goto’ Finance person in the absence of the FD. Would suit a soon to be or newly qualified in a professional accountancy qualification, i.e. ACA, ACCA or CIMA. Excellent man-management skills and experience is also essential as you will be responsible for both the AR and AP teams.
Duties will include:
- Management of Accounts receivable function and team, including but not limited to, credit management of over 8,000 live customer accounts; collection of outstanding debt including litigation management of bad debt process; review of customer credit limits
- Management of Accounts payable function and team, including but not limited to, management of supplier accounts, ensuring payments are made to appropriate terms
- Ensure statutory compliance in terms of pensions, taxation and account filing
- Management of the company’s bank accounts, US$ and £
- Ensuring management accounts and KPI measures are produced monthly, accurately and in a timely manner using strong analytical and numerical skills
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations as part of the month end process and clearing any items in a timely manner
- Liaison with US Parent Company in relation to areas of responsibility
- Key support to team for recently introduced SAP financial accounting package and established AS400 operating system
- Manage the calculation of rebates and advertising contributions from suppliers.
- Work cross functionally to improve business processes.
- Ensuring appropriate processes are implemented and maintained to support the business
- Providing support to other functions of the business which are of a financial and commercial nature.
- Analysis of profitability and contracts
Should you be the successful Finance Management Accountant to join us your package will include generous benefits including 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Life Insurance and Private Health Care among others.
MSC is an Investors in People accredited company and a member of the Institute of Customer Service.