Staff Nurse ITU
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
If you are a dedicated healthcare professional looking to progress your career with an internationally renowned hospital group, you have arrived at the right place. HCA Healthcare UK is the largest private hospital group in Central London and has an international reputation for excellence in healthcare.
The Wellington Hospital, the UK's largest private hospital, provides a high standard of intensive care around the clock. The hospital has 50 critical care beds including two Intensive Care Units with a total of 28 beds dedicated to Level 3 intensive care.
The Wellington North Critical Care Unit cares for Cardiac and general patients and working closely alongside our Acute Admissions Unit (AAU).
A team of doctors who specialise in intensive care lead the Unit and are supported by our specialist Critical Care Nurses, providing constant one-to-one care for all our patients. The Units are capable of caring for patients with the most complex health needs including those who have had major general, neuro or cardiac surgery, and who require the highest level of organ support.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our ITU unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
The projected salary range is: £31,630 - £35,822 per annum + 9% enhancements, pension scheme, 33 days annual leave and more attractive benefits
Hours: Full time, flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days/nights/weekend)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Cardiac or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care would be advantageous.
About The Individual
The appointed applicant will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
As part of this the department, you will have the opportunity to develop your career while working within a dynamic and professional team, and you will also have access to all of HCA Healthcare UK's fantastic benefits.