Risk & Compliance Advisory Manager - IT (Exclusive)
Long established, my client is a market leader in the field in which they operate.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an individual to oversee that information technology (IT) and data risks and issues within the Group are appropriately identified and managed and provide advice and support to ensure that IT / data activities operate within regulatory requirements through
- Engaging with management across Group technology and Data
- Reviewing and analysing reports and data
- Communicating and reporting on business progress on management of risks and issues
- Engage with Group Technology and Data management teams through the operation of the Risk & Compliance framework to ensure risk and compliance matters are identified and managed effectively.
- Represent Risk & Compliance at relevant functional and change meetings, and third party providers and partners as necessary.
- Support and perform Risk & Compliance training and awareness activities across the Group.
- Support implementation and maintenance of an effective risk and conduct culture.
- Manage the implementation of Risk & Compliance framework across operational and change activities of the Group, identifying opportunities for enhancement where appropriate.
- Provide risk and compliance advice to Technology / Data teams which enables management to make informed business decisions which reflect regulatory expectations and risks.
- Track progress of the management and resolution of risk issues and breaches across Technology and Data teams.
- Support the analysis of the impact of regulatory change to the Group and the effective implementation.
- Produce inputs for the relevant sections of regular Risk & Compliance reporting to Senior Management, Executive Management and Board (including Board sub-committees).
- Good understanding of risk management framework (including but not limited to operational, conduct, financial, data protection and information security), with deep area of specialism of IT risk management.
- Understanding of FCA regulatory requirements across General Insurance, Consumer Credit and Mortgage products.
- Understanding of UK and European legislation (e.g. CIA, DPA, IMD), codes of practice and industry guidelines affecting the Group.
- Strong communications skills, both orally and in writing across all levels of management.
- Practical and pragmatic approach to problem solving which balances commercial and regulatory objectives
- Ability to form close working relationships across the business and influence management and stakeholders.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast paced organisation.
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.