We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced Credit Underwriter to join the Asset Finance division of our client based in Reading.
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
To appraise and sanction new business proposals for small ticket, office equipment team.
Recommend larger transactions for approval by a higher authority.
Ensuring strong lines of communication with all areas of the business are maintained.
The ideal candidate will be organised, meticulous, prepared to take ownership of tasks, able to manage their own time, pro-active and able to follow tasks to completion.
Core Skills and Attributes
- Experienced in underwriting Asset finance transactions
- Ability to process high volumes of new business proposals within strict time deadlines.
- To have a clear understanding of an Asset Finance portfolio and its broad range of assets/sectors.
- To ability to work under pressure and to tight time frames is paramount.
- Highly numerate with the ability to analyse complex financial statements.
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)