PMLD Teaching Assistant
Remedy Education are looking for experienced Male Support Worker that specialise or are highly experienced working with young people with special needs such as profound multiple learning disabilities (PMLD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and speech and language difficulties. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with students aged from 19 - 25.
Support Workers will be required to work with SEN students across all ages in one of our outstanding SEN school in the Borough of Lambeth. Successful candidates will be required to both work one to one and lead a small groups of students with a range of special needs such as PMLD & ASD and speech and language difficulties in specialised settings.
As a specialist LSA, successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
* Experience working with children with special needs.
* Excellent communication skills, proactive and work well under pressure.
* Be able to differentiate work to support needs of students.
* Experience or confident in feeding and changing.
* Knowledge PECS and Makaton
* Positions are subject to an enhance disclosure barred service
Successful candidates will benefit from:
* Competitive pay
* Local work
* Working in a established school
If you have all of these qualities and would like to work with Protocol, please submit your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.