A well-established law firm in Manchester is seeking a Credit Controller to come on board. This prestigious firm, which has a national and global reach, can provide the right candidate with a CV-defining experience. However, it is essential that you possess at least two years of credit control experience, preferably within a partnership.
Operating across a wide range of industries, including hotels, logistics, and engineering, this legal practice has the expertise to assist many individuals of high net worth. As such, my client needs a candidate that can make their mark within a large finance team, which will involve:
- Being proactive to get payments for overdue bills within set deadlines
- Helping to improve and develop procedures for dealing with aged debtors
- Discussing net investment management with fee earners and partners
- Completing client-to-office transfers, if required
- Liaising with colleagues over actions and approach to overdue-debt recovery
- Accurately inputting notes to credit control program
- Liaising with cashiers and billing team to quickly resolve queries from clients
- Producing and dispatching departmental statistics and reports each month
- Dealing with any routine issues promptly
- Assisting the wider finance team, as required
- Fostering key client relationships
- Completing debt write-off slips, once authorised by partners
To succeed within this vital business-support role, you will:
- Possess strong teamwork skills
- Be able to effectively manage your workload
- Have a commercial mindset
- Be able to meet deadlines by properly prioritising tasks
- Have a proactive, positive attitude
- Possess drive and ambition, with a robust character
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be able to operate with minimal supervision
- Have a professional, polite manner
- Be a strong verbal and written communicator
- Possess a methodical approach to tasks
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity to boost you career, give me a call or apply today. For more credit controller jobs in Manchester, speak to Kingsley right away.
Please contact John Owen to discuss this position in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Kingsley is a specialist recruitment consultancy. The legal division has a diverse client base that includes medium-sized commercial practices, long-established civil practices and niche boutiques, through to larger regional commercial firms and top-ranked nationals. We enjoy what we do and we want others to enjoy working with us. We believe our clients and candidates need recruitment consultants they can work with and trust. Kingsley also has dedicated teams that focus on engineering, property and business support.
Also, please feel free to forward this advert to any friends or colleagues who you think may be interested. A large number of our previously successful candidates have initially been made aware of their next career opportunity by a close acquaintance.