SEN Teaching Assistants Required
Are you a Level 2 qualified Teaching Assistant or above looking to specialise in working within Special Education Needs?
Have you worked in a mainstream Secondary School/Academy looking to support SEN students?
Principal Resourcing are currently seeking to appoint a number of SEN Teaching Assistants for several of our partnership Secondary Academies in Hull, working within the Learning Support department. The Academy provides a personalised education for children with a range of complex learning difficulties including looked after children and those with additional needs such as diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum.
The posts are full time and will start ASAP looking to continue until July 2018 as a minimum. The roles could become permanent for the right people. The successful candidates will assist the lead teacher in devising lesson plans and supporting SEN students in group and 1:1 sessions.
What you will require:
- Experience of working with children with high dependency and severe learning disabilities
- Have empathy, patience and the drive to make a difference
- Capability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour or complex learning difficulties
- An observant and responsive approach
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend’ bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
90% of your local Secondary Schools, Academies and Colleges in Hull and East Riding choose Principal Resourcing, whose Head Office is based in the centre of the 2017 City of Culture as their preferred supplier and first port of call for day to day and long term placements. 65% of those are signed in to preferred supplier agreements due to our continued service and quality of teaching staffwith other Schools, Academies and Colleges signing every month.
Here are what our current Teaching staff say about us:
"I would like to extend my gratitude to you and your team for finding this work for me. This is precisely why I signed up for work with Principal Resourcing in the first place".
History Teacher, Hull
"Even though there must be a lot of supply staff it feels as if the Principal Resourcing staff really try to get to know each individual, which makes talking on the phone a lot easier (I hate talking on the phone so it’s easier when it feels like you know the person). Everything is done very quickly and efficiently, which means I know exactly what is going on. There seems to be plenty of work at the moment and the rates of pay are good. It’s also great that they give us the opportunities to do various courses to enhance our skills such as the First Aid training and the Classroom Practice course. By far the best job I’ve ever had." Cover Supervisor & SEN Teaching Assistant, Hull
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.