Newcross Healthcare is an independent, family-run organisation committed to providing quality nursing and care staff to hospitals, nursing and care homes within the UK. We take pride in ensuring our service users receive the highest quality person-centred care.
Our Oxford branch team has vacancies for experienced Care Assistants(HCA) to work in a variety of care settings including nursing and care homes in Oxford, the surrounding localtowns of Oxfordshire.The Care Assistant Role
Our business relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
Working as a Newcross carer means you'll be working to improve and support the quality of life and well-being of individuals you encounter.
Take advantage of flexible, agency-style working that fits around your needs but gives you all the benefits of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and free ongoing training (earned as you work).
You will need to be based locally or have access to public transport or your own vehicle for this role.Benefits of being a Newcross Carer
- Salary up to £13.07/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free DBS and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Local Branch
Your local team is located at our newly opened branch located on Watlington Road, Oxford. We are also accessible by car and bus.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.