Job Title: Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer Overview
The Quality Engineer is responsible for developing testing frameworks, test cases and test automation scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) for web based applications which includes Oracle forms (10g/11g) and Java pages.
- Software quality assurance testing experience in Client Server and Web-based environments, including testing the front-end, workflow, database (SQL Queries) and Integrations components.
- Solid experience with HP UFT scripting, including recording, developing, editing, maintaining and executing large sets of automated scripts.
- Complete understanding of the HP UFT Function Libraries, Shared Repositories, Editing Object Properties, and Visual Basic Scripting.
- Ability to write and test SQL Queries in Oracle (via Toad).
- Experience with TFS or Similar tool handling which includes the Defect, Test Plan, and Test Lab modules.
- Ability to log defects in TFS clearly and concisely and work through resolution and closure of the defects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the SDLC, QA process and testing methodology including unit, integration, system, and acceptance testing.
- A self-starter who pays attention to detail.
- Ability to participate in product functional discussions and come up with testing requirements and formulate them into test plans and test cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and cross functional team members.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Participates as a member of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) team from initiation through release following the V-Model and/or Agile development methodologies.
- Participates in project meetings with cross functional team members.
- Reviews software functional requirement definitions.
- Prepares test automation scripts using HP UFT
- Integrates test automation scripts into TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Server).
- Performs testing based off test case definitions.
- Documents and reports defects in Microsoft TFS. Works with development staff to answer questions that may arise during testing and to resolve issues. Performs testing of defect fixes.
- Reports test status to supervisor and cross functional team members.
A fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a highly reputable global technology solutions company.
Quality Engineer - Tester, QA, Automation, Oracle, Java