Senior Finance Officer
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Senior Finance Officer
£22,341 per annum (rising to £24,024 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs around 11,000 people and manages more than 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We are looking for someone with knowledge and experience of management accounting practices and expertise of financial regulations together with a passion for delivering an effective and efficient finance service to join our team as a Senior Finance Officer. The Senior Finance Officer job sits within Group Financial Services which is responsible for all aspects of accounting for the Group. This includes the provision of financial and management accounting services, financial analysis, preparation of annual budgets, treasury, tax and VAT management.
The role of Senior Finance Officer will include –
- Producing and analysing management and statutory accounting information for internal and external stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaising closely with external suppliers ensuring timely payment of invoices
- Working very closely with managers within Sanctuary Maintenance operations
- Undertaking various types of analytical work around the financials to further support the business needs and add value
- Assisting with the review, development, implementation and maintenance of monitoring systems around the procurement of materials to ensure a robust control environment is maintained to safeguard the organisation’s interests
Skills and experiences –
- Robust knowledge of management accounting practices and expertise of financial regulations, legislation and current practice gained from working in a similar role
- Passion for delivering an effective and efficient finance service to the business
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to analyse large volumes of data
- SAP experience
- Ideally AAT qualified
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 10 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.